This was a two-week project where my team and I built a submarine mech suit out of foam, tape, and
For it to be a true mech suit I felt that the user needed to be able to interact with everything around them with ease.
My solution to this method was to create the mech suit to have open joints and not restrict them, then structure the armor to be a little bit elevated from those joints which allows them to function easily.
This battle bot was an interesting project where my team and I used foam and circuit boards to
construct for the design. The arms and wheels are
connected to a Bluetooth remote which allows them to move. Once we were all done we
Lots of questions got put into place when designing this project, like how was everything going to fit or how would the arms hold against the body?
I designed a two-level system that had caps on the inside to rout and allow the motors and circuit boards to hold everything together. These levels separated the functions of the wheels to then the arms. To access all of this all you had to do was lift the head, open the cap, then edit anything from the inside.
For this project, I was to recreate a one to one replica of a pencil sharpener. This was by far the
most challenging project that I had to do not just because it was a replica but because the
sharpener was computer made and not hand made.
Looking at the real model you would think that the shape is simple. Observing the shape of the sharpener I realized that it tapered in from bottom-up and tapered in from the face to the back. As if that wasn't the hardest part the bottom was a never apart of the tapering areas.
The next challenge was to figure out a way to involve the motor, batteries, and sharpeners itself. I used urethane foam to sculpt and measure all the areas that were included in the sharpener, created a mold, and then started a resin cast.